Labels

Monday, February 26, 2018

My Health and Fitness Story

I want to share my story with health and fitness so you can get an understanding for my background with fitness and food and where I am at now with being fit. I also hope that I can motivate people to start their own journeys and to realize that this isn't just about losing weight, it's about being happy and confident in your own skin.



I was the type of person who hated working out and my idea of healthy eating was a sandwich and a diet soda. I didn't understand the right way to eat to lose weight. I rarely worked out and when I did it was usually 20 minutes on the elliptical and I'd be done. I would get motivation to start being healthy and it would last anywhere from 1 day up to 1 week and then I'd go back to my old ways. 

Fast forward and I am married and have 3 kids, all boys ages 7, 4, and 1. I gained 50 pounds with each pregnancy. I got lucky after my first 2 boys and lost all of the weight plus some from breastfeeding. I started to get into working out with Beachbody's 21 Day Fix in 2015 , when my middle son was 2. I was really starting to enjoy working out but was still having a hard time with the eating. 

I got pregnant with my 3rd son shortly after and quit working out because I was so exhausted (excuses!) . Again, I gained 50 pounds with that pregnancy but thought " I lost it so easily with breastfeeding before, so that's what will happen this time to." Boy was I wrong! 

I turned 30 right before I had my 3rd son in June 2016. I was breastfeeding, no working out and no eating healthy. I lost 20 pounds and was stuck there. Even with breastfeeding, it just wasn't falling off of me like it did before. I was upset and hated the way I looked at the time. I still had 30 pounds to lose to get to my pre-pregnancy weight, and even then I wasn't at my goal weight/body before I got pregnant. 

That's when I knew it was time to do something about it. I signed up as a Beachbody coach at the beginning of January 2015 for the discount on the shakes. I was considered a discount coach at the time. I decided to start working my business in March of 2016 to help hold myself accountable so that I could lose the rest of this pregnancy weight. I also wanted to be a stay at home mom so that I could be there for my kids on sick days, snow days, school breaks, etc. 

So I started my Beachbody journey back up and started with 21 Day Fix. My first round I lost  8 pounds and 10 inches. I was feeling great. So I kept going... those 21 days started that habit for me and I was starting to enjoy working out and eating healthy the right way. I did another round of 21 Day Fix, followed by Core De Force and Shift Shop. I lost all the pregnancy weight plus some and countless inches. 

2017 was the year that I learned the right way to feel healthy... working out and eating healthy, it was simple. I had all the tools right in front of me I just had to learn the right way to use them and that's what I did. 


It is now 2018 and I am the smallest I've been in years, I am happy, I am healthy, I'm in the best shape of my life. I can't wait to see where I take this journey and lifestyle in 2018. I started up a new program called 80 Day Obsession (Blog post coming soon to explain this program) and I am OBSESSED with the results I am getting. I look forward to working out everyday, I enjoy learning new recipes to use to eat healthy and stick to my portion controlled eating plan. 

Remember that you are in control of how you feel and how you look. Don't keep saying "tomorrow I'll start" or "next week will be the week I start" , just do it! The time is going to pass anyways. Take it one day at a time and you wont be disappointing in the results of taking care of yourself.

Linked up over at:

No comments:

Post a Comment